Getting started with Boffin Magnetic (what you should do and what to avoid)
How to clean the contacts properly
- How do all parts (components) connect to each other?
Every component is equipped with a special conductive contact on a spring and a also with a magnet. Individual components stick to each other thanks to this magnet and through the spring contact, conductive connection is established.
- I am loosing conatact or there is no conductive connetions between the parts. What should I do?
If this happens to you, most likely cause is dirt or grease on contacts . Just clean them with a cloth or better is to degrease it with washing-up liquid
- What type of batteries should I buy for Boffin magnetic kit?
We recommend buying batteries found on our eshop for a great price. But, you can use any other AAA type batteries. It is standard size and you are going to need at least 4 cells.
- Are the batteries included with the kit?
AAA batteries aren't included in the box and you need to buy them directly on our eshop or any local store around you that sells them.
- What should I do if damaged one of the components or modules?
Every module can be bought directly on our eshop here: https://eshop.3dsimo.com/collections/boffin-modules . Alternatively, you can contact our customer support, we will be happy to help you solve your problem.
- My display or LEDs are constantly getting dimmer. What should I do?
Your batteries are probably low on charge, just replace them with new ones and enjoy hours of uninterrupted fun.